Sunday, May 20, 2007

ELVIS AND ME TOO!


My first talent contest.I may have been ahead of my time by imitating Elvis in front of the whole school. Jackson Jr. High, Detroit, Michigan. 1958. 9th grade. All the girls were screaming as I lip sinc'd to "Whole Lotta Lovin". The boys in the band just looked on in shock. also got some strange looks from my gym teacher. haha. Looks I had no idea at the time, what they meant. I was an innocent with big ideas of what life was all about. Like Love and Marriage and an Acting Career on the side. haha. I have to say I was very upset with Grace Kelly for leaving her acting career for her prince. Rock n Roll just set us free. At least into free thinking of our own. Which holds true to this day. No one can tell me what to do. haha. I go the other way. Rebel..remnants of my first initiation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ELVIS RULES...looks like your comments section is working again..