Monday, September 3, 2007

Holiday Date

photo by Maro








Weekend with Big Lou. Painted hands on shirts. I will probably frame. Finding a feather by the doorway between two trees in the backyard near the imagined circle, where we will sit and tell stories some day. Bopping to Elvis. "I like this music grandma". Laughing so hard while practicing his flash cards. Yelling WOO WOO at the top of our lungs, while sitting in the front of the boat getting splashed by the waves. Watching a huge crab getting saved. Lou looking out for me so I don't step on rusted debre. Huffing and Puffing on the Sand dune hike. Soccer on the ocean shore. Digging in and feeling our toes in the sand. Breathing in the salt air. Hearing his words gently upon my ear, "I love you Grandma". The best date I ever had. Big Lou really knows how to show a girl a good time. Thank you my Love, my Life. Oh yeah, Perry and Laurel were there too. haha. Thank you for the great Holiday.
by Bamma


No comments: