Sunday, June 17, 2007

Did you miss me? SHE'S BACK!

That is a rock in his hand. Photo by Perry Hagopian

Took my first trip to the Island. I developed some kind of throat thing from the road. I figure it must be a combination of exhaust, no muffler, blowing wind from New York City, no air conditioning, and ten million trees and flowers in bloom. Ahh but it was worth it...The cottage is completely enchanting. I flipped right back to Michigan. In a boat in 2 feet of water, low tide. haha. Quaint cottages everywhere, woods in the backyard, screened in porch, coziness everywhere. Oh and we marked our territory. Shadow the black dog who watches the house is going to be confused. haha. Congratulations! Perry and Laurel, It's a keeper.
Then there was King Louis. He and I played in his pool all day. Then I watched him play and make mud puddles he was completely engrossed in. Once again, enchantment. Where was my Grandmother when I was little? Did she see me patching holes in the pool hall walls next door, with my mud pies? haha. Oh that's right, she was sitting in her swing on the porch. Again, enchantment. We are making memories. Will Lou ever remember me watching him play out his fantasy? I hope so. Cause that is my job forever and ever.

1 comment:

MARO HAGOPIAN said...

mom, i love your writing! "maybe there is a third choice!" I'm still laughing about that. ha